Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Other" Storage dramatically increased after 8.4 upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I own an iPhone 5, 64 GB. Yesterday I updated to the latest iOS 8.4.

This is what happened: I've always had plenty of room to download anything on my iPhone, until yesterday.

Well, I had about 20 GB in my music library. After the upgrade I had only a few random artists left (?!?!!). Ok no big deal, I connected it to iTunes and tried to upload my entire library again...and then I noticed a huge shortage of storage!!

Now -with NO music at all- I have only 6 GB left, and iTunes shows a huge increase of the "Other" datas (40 GB!!)

If I sum up all apps space, photos and mail etc. it's about 20 GB. Storage says I have 50 GB used and 6 GB free only... ...

Any idea on how can I fix this and why this update messed up my entire phone?

It looks like the pre-8.4 music library ended up into the Other datas...does it makes sense???

Thanks for helping out

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:45 AM

First, try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Appel logo comes back again. You will not lose data by resetting.

If this does not help, restore the phone from the latest backup again, follow this article to do so:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 11:45 AM in response to heyluca

First, try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Appel logo comes back again. You will not lose data by resetting.

If this does not help, restore the phone from the latest backup again, follow this article to do so:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

"Other" Storage dramatically increased after 8.4 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.