Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seriously? No more Home Sharing?

Just updated today and I'm told that Home Sharing is gone.

Is this intentional or a mistake?

If it is intentional, I am very, very disappointed in this company, and I would like them to know because I am sure there are many who feel as I do.

I cannot play any of my movie collection or home movies on my Apple TV anymore...

All my music flows from my computer, wirelessly through my Apple TV, into my sound system.

I feel as though I've been gut-punched.

Is it possible to restore the old iTunes from TimeMachine and use that?

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:26 PM

I had the same problem today with my new macbook. Homesharing is still there but somehow is turned off in the update. On mac and pc go to preferences under file for pc and under iTunes on mac. Then click sharing preferences on both computers and check share library on local network. This fixed my problem and took three advisors to figure it out. Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Paavo Nurmi

I had the same problem today with my new macbook. Homesharing is still there but somehow is turned off in the update. On mac and pc go to preferences under file for pc and under iTunes on mac. Then click sharing preferences on both computers and check share library on local network. This fixed my problem and took three advisors to figure it out. Hope this helps!

Seriously? No more Home Sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.