Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store not respond after trying install Yosemite 10.10.4

App Store not respond, it downloaded Yosemite 10.10.4 3 times the Mac 27" Mid 2011 continuing showing tha I have Yosemite 10.10.3 and App Store Doesn't work at all

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 9:45 AM

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 9:45 AM in response to Juaneduar2

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Jul 2, 2015 2:47 PM in response to Linc Davis

This doesn't work for me... still getting the error.

I am getting pretty annoyed. I got two separate Macs and both of them are experiencing the same problem. I can't load my test iPads because they are in 8.3 and my Xcode version is behind, but I can't upgrade my Xcode either... cause it has to be running Yosemite, but Yosemite is not loading.... can you guys add any more dependencies?

App Store not respond after trying install Yosemite 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.