Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3rd Generation keep on restarting, More frequently!

My iPad is 3rd Generation. It has been working well for the past 3 years since i bought it in 2012. However, this year, i found that my iPad keep on restarting on its own. I still have around 2 Gig of space left. Why is it keep on re-starting?

Can anybody help or facing similar issues? The performance is also slowing down which i think is due to the upgrading of iOS over time...

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:27 AM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2015 11:34 AM in response to adisi

Sometimes, restoring the device "as new", then rebuilding it from scratch (manually adding back your apps, music settings,etc) can be worth the effort. and you won't know until your try.

Best thing to do would be to make a full iTunes backup at this point.

Then restore the device as new and set it up as minimally as possible to test it. If it improves, you'll then have to rebuild it from scratch (as mentioned above) to get it back to how it was previously setup...a huge pain, I know (I've done it in the past on various devices as well).

An important thing to note is that the errors/flaky performance/etc may be contained within the backup you may have been using in the past. Restoring from that backup will restore the errors/flaky performance/etc as well. That's why you want to test using a "restored as new" configuration for testing.

iPad 3rd Generation keep on restarting, More frequently!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.