Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did my Airplay control go?

A couple months ago I discovered Airplay and I can't believe how I lived without it. I immediately purchased a Logitech UE S-0118 and two Apple Airplay A1264 receivers. LOVE IT!

Last night my phone updated to the newest version of iOS with the new music app (why must I relearn new software so **** often, Apple!?!) and now my Airplay button has disappeared from my control center. Everything I have found online says it should be in my new Music app (next to volume slider in mini player) but it isn't there either. In fact, I can't find any Airplay control ANYWHERE on my phone now. Ugh.

Restarted iPhone, no fix. Wifi connected, check. I can still play through all three of my Airplay devices when using iTunes on my PC, so I know the overall system is still working.

Please help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:08 AM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:29 PM in response to sberman

I found that page, but it is specific to using Apple TV and I am not using that.

I did, however, make sure my Airplay devices had the latest software, verify that they worked (by using them through iTunes on my computer) and restarted my iPhone, all devices and my wireless router. None of that worked.

The solution appeared as mysteriously as the problem. We'll probably never know.

Where did my Airplay control go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.