Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music: Composer field is never filled

I think I found a bug.

All songs I checked so far in Apple Music have NO Composer info - though the song has composer information when you buy it.

I know in iTunes some files really don't have a value here, but even these songs do not display a composer information.

See here. Composer empty in Apple Music

Please fix it!

User uploaded file

Composer filled in iTunes StoreUser uploaded file

Windows 7, iTunes 11.1.5.5

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:05 AM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2015 6:36 PM in response to iggycoloo

This is happening on Apple Music for Mac as well. It's a mind-boggling omission - or "bug" if you will.

This might not be such a big deal to many, but for certain genres of music, it makes the Apple Music experience almost unusable.

Take classical music for example. The composer info is the only way to identify most classical pieces of music. The artist is just the musician / orchestra / ensemble playing the music. If you have two symphonies by two composers on the same album for example, the only way to know what you are listening to is to look up the composer. Yet, on Apple Music you cannot do that. And yes, shockingly on the iTunes store all that info is available, as it should be.

By the way, Spotify always lists composers for classical music.

And yes, I have sent feedback to Apple as well.

Apple Music: Composer field is never filled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.