Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages text loupe rotated 90 degrees

In the current Pages (2.5.3) the text loupe which appears when selecting text sometimes appears rotated 90 degress, vertical instead of horizontal. Once this behavior starts, it continues until the app is restarted by removing it from the app tray, after which the text loupe behaves normally, for a while. I haven't discovered a definite pattern to when the incorrect loupe appears. This happens under iOS 8.4 and under previous iOS versions, going back to the last update of Pages and has been noticeable to me for a few months.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:05 PM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 1:05 PM in response to spjk

You said that you've tried closing and reopening the app in the App Switcher, but the problem keeps persisting. The next step you can take is to perform a hard-reset on your device (you won't lose any of your saved data). You can perform this hard-reset by pressing and holding both home and power buttons and letting go once you see the Apple logo appear.

If this doesn't fix the issue, I suggest deleting the Pages app from your iPad and then redownloading it from the App Store.

Hope this helps!

Pages text loupe rotated 90 degrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.