Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 itunes accounts with same email?

I am originally from the Uk but moved to South Africa. My iTunes account is therefore UK based with my Uk CC. Now that apple music is out, to be able to link to my wife and family I need a iTunes SA account. I have read that this isn't an issue but can I use the same email for two accounts.

Also when I go to upgrade to the next OS will the apps from the UK account be lost or can you link accounts?

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:37 AM

iTunes accounts have to have unique primary email addresses, so you can only have one account per email address. As well as being tied to the account content is also tied to the country ; for apps you should be ok, to redownload them (though they'll may need to be in the South African store) you will need to find them in the store (they won't show in Purchased) and when you click on their price/'get' button your should (based on what other people have posted) get a prompt about having previously downloaded them would you like yo redownload it for free.

Whilst you are in South Africa you can only use the South African store, using the UK store whilst not here in the UK is a violation of the store's terms and Apple could permanently disable the account, you should update your account to have your SA address.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 11:37 AM in response to BJDR

iTunes accounts have to have unique primary email addresses, so you can only have one account per email address. As well as being tied to the account content is also tied to the country ; for apps you should be ok, to redownload them (though they'll may need to be in the South African store) you will need to find them in the store (they won't show in Purchased) and when you click on their price/'get' button your should (based on what other people have posted) get a prompt about having previously downloaded them would you like yo redownload it for free.

Whilst you are in South Africa you can only use the South African store, using the UK store whilst not here in the UK is a violation of the store's terms and Apple could permanently disable the account, you should update your account to have your SA address.

2 itunes accounts with same email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.