Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud Address Has Been Spoofed

I'm not sure what to do about this. Several months ago I started receiving odd spam email from companies I didn't recognize or sign up for. It may be the case that my information (email address) for something I did sign up for could have been sold or obtained... but I can't retrace my steps far enough back to figure it out. The problem is that when I first started receiving these emails, I simply clicked "unsubscribe". I later found out that some spam simply uses that as a confirmation that the address is active. I was advised to use a filter that included special characters in the "from" field (because these emails were using underscores and asterisks in their headers) and this worked for a long time. Recently I've been receiving the same sort of emails, however, the FROM field is MY email address. They've spoofed my address and I don't know what to do. If I filter these emails to Junk using the "is from" and "my name" then if I use a Gmail account or any other email service to forward stuff to my iCloud account, I'll always have to check my Junk folder for my own emails. If I filter my iCloud email address then I won't be able to send email to myself (from my iPhone or iPad) if I have a reason to. Any advice for this situation? Research into this particular matter within the community here yields results from 2012, but I'm not sure how relevant it is now. Any advice or links and directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

-Matt

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 10:56 AM

There are no replies.

My iCloud Address Has Been Spoofed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.