Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.2 Crash During iCloud Library Sync

I finally got my hands on the long awaited 12.2 Windows 7 iTunes release which came out last night at about 9pm EST (6/30/15).

Every single time I attempt to upload my library to the iCloud library (for the new Apple music service), itunes crashes with error message "itunes has stopped working". In my crazy attempt to get this resolved as quickly as possible, I removed the 23,000 songs from my library and then re-added it again just to make sure I was starting with a clean 12.2 XML library file. Same result after check marking the enabled iCloud Music in iTunes preferences.

To clarify, iTunes is able to send the information to Apple after I enabled "iCloud Music" in preferences, but when Apple attempts to send data back to my machine the software simply locks up and crashes. After the crash I have to log in and out of my account to get the basic Apple Music service to kick in for the "For You" tab to synchronize properly with the Apple music service. I always make sure that the standard Apple Music service features (For You, New, Connect) are working before I establish the check-mark for iCloud Music Library in preferences.

I realize that start up issues are to be expected with any new service, but my brother's MacBook synchronized with his iCloud library in about an hour without any issues.

Is there some secret 12.2.1 in the works we don't know about? I can't be the only person experiencing this right now.

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:54 PM

This problem may have an workaround. Please USE ONLY SINGLE CORE at iTunes.exe's Priority Settings in Windows's Task Manager.

I assume this problem is an concurrent programming problem.

2 replies

Itunes 12.2 Crash During iCloud Library Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.