Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications to Apple Watch delayed and also appearing on phone after iOS 8.4 update

Prior to updating to iOS 8.4, when the phone is locked and a message arrives, the notification goes straight to the watch. Phone is quiet and nothing is displayed on the phone screen. Everything is on the watch.

After updating the phone to iOS 8.4, when a message arrives, the phone now notifies by ringing/vibrating and displaying on the screen (like pre-watch era). Then there is about a 5 second delay before the same notification goes to the watch.

What is the point of having a watch when you will just be notified also on the phone? Anyone else seen this? Already tried to restart all the devices to no avail.

Thanks!

Phone - 6Plus with 8.4

Watch - Sport with 1.0.1

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 11:46 AM

8 replies

Jul 3, 2015 2:12 AM in response to Wkish

Just to follow up for those of you having the issue.

I unpaired my Apple Watch, did a restore of iOS 8.4 on my iPhone (as I was having issues with battery life) and then re-paired my Apple Watch. Everything is now back to normal.

You can probably get away with simply un-pairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch. Seems iOS 8.4 has messed things up regardless.

Notifications to Apple Watch delayed and also appearing on phone after iOS 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.