Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to hide/remove photos from iOS' photos' camera roll?

Hello.

I like to put my photos into albums, but they still stay in camera rolls. Is there a way to hide/remove those and just show up in my albums? This is on an old iPhone 4S with its iOS v8.4.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4, Windows XP SP3, & Verizon Wireless

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:43 PM

The option to show/hide your photos only hides them from the Moments/Collections/Years view in your Photos app.... the photo will stay visible in your Camera Roll. However, they will not be hidden from any albums you've added the photos to.

Hope this helps!

2 replies

Is there a way to hide/remove photos from iOS' photos' camera roll?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.