Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Apple Music Deleting your local Library

At first Apple Music seemed like it was really good then I came across this bug, so before I signed up I had a lot of music in my local Library for example I had the entire Beatles discography. At first everything worked fine then I went to make tracks available offline, this is where it gets bad I start the process and Im having issues downloading them like everyone else then I go to listen to some albums that I ripped from my CD's and synced to my phone and they are no longer there, so Ive lost about 1500 songs off of my phone and it safe that I will not be getting a subscription to Apple Music. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:13 PM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 1:15 PM in response to muzikmark

Do you use iTunes Match?

Have you upgraded iTunes recently?

On Mac anyway the matching process is qite time/interent bandwidth consuming - iTunes generates some kind of fingerprint for tracks and tries to match with similar songs in the cloud - those that don;t match get uploaded at 256 kbps AAC. On a slow broadband connection like mine, matching hundreds of ripped CDs can take days, so possible iTunes hasn't completed matching yet.

Issue with Apple Music Deleting your local Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.