Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Music App - Using Up Next

Hi

I have a large music library and am one of those people that listens to full albums most of the time instead of shuffle.

There were 2 new features in the new iOS 8.4 Music App that I was looking forward to.

The first is perfect showing the New albums that have been added as I no longer have to remember what I've transferred on to the phone.

The second was Up next - finally....except it doesn't seem to work in the way I expect!

So, I'm half way through an album and think "I want to listen to X after this album finishes" so I locate the album and select Add to Up Next but it then adds it to Play Next meaning I leave the album I was half way listening to for the new selection after the current track finishes playing.

Other than manually dragging the original tracks above the newly added ones has anybody found out how to make it work properly? As far as I can see Up Next and Play Next seem to do the exact same thing!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:13 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 6:16 PM in response to Davestretch

For the Life of me, I think Apple has lost sight of the most basic thing in music, UP NEXT. I could simply play a song or album on my iPod, you know the one with the click wheel, and then surf my music, press and hold and add to Up Next. At any time, inspired by a song, i could build and up next playlist as the party rolled on.

Now I cannot. I could not on I0S 8.x I cannot on 8.4. I cannot on all my fancy Macs. Up next *****. Play next vrs add to playing or whatever both commands do th same thing just cut into my playlist on top.

Broken, Failure. Not working, never did.

And now with apple music, you can't build an up next playlist on the fly unless music is "in you music" I don't like that. I want the my music tab to be MY MUSIC not my Rented music.

And I want to build an on the fly playlist from the RENTED Apple Music library with one simple click.

Jimmy, Doc D. Fix this Eddy is too lazy too.

New Music App - Using Up Next

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.