Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iOS 8.4 has issure on hdmi connection to tv

I Just downloaded iOS 8.4 to my iPad 3 and when I connect my HDMI cable from to FLAT TV,there's no connection. WHY IS THAT? Please help!

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:22 PM

10 replies

Jul 10, 2015 11:36 PM in response to Visbalr

Appsrently, Apple has summarily decided that anyone, like you and I, who they managed to dupe into bending over for a $50 HDMI to lightning connector csn be ******, because they have decided we should now shove our adapters up our butts and go buy Apple TV. I'm on my 5th iPhone, and have been a loyal customer for years when I bought this piece of crap adapter And laid out double what any droid or windows equivalent cable adapter would cost, for a product that they have just decided I shouldnt be allowed to use after 8.4. I bought two of these cables. Gimme my ****** $100 back you jerks. I'm going into the Apple Store and mske s big nasty scene tomorrow And demand my money. Then I'm going to buy a droid. Jobs is rolling in his grave. Being proprietary is one thing, but going back on a deal and giving good customers the finger over it crosses the line. I'm done.

Jul 11, 2015 5:38 AM in response to Briansyddall

In reply to Briansyddall

your reply is not correct,
1: if it is a copyright issue why do Apple still sell the adapter ??
2: if is is a copyright issue why does the adapter then works on OIS 7.x ??

3: copyright to What program/product?
4: in Android equipment you have no issues with transferring the signal via HDMI
5: Briansyddall do you really know what copyrights mean ??
6: still looking for help and support to solve this problem, but preferable from someone who know what they are talking about, or who have a genuine solution.

Arneessa

Jul 14, 2015 4:38 PM in response to arneessa

I do not believe there is a copyright issue when using hdmi. Please cite a reference.

The wiki explains that copyrighted material is encrypted when using an HDMI cable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

With the upgrade to 8.x, the ipad rejects older cables especially non-apple cables. Why? rumored non-apple cables caused fires that got blamed on Apple.

Robert

Why does iOS 8.4 has issure on hdmi connection to tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.