Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing - Apple Music - not willing to pay for purchases of other users

Hi all,

so, I have just created a family sharing platform with my actual family.

I figured that any purchase of my family members are now done through my registered credit card.

Is there any chance to avoid further purchases from my credit card? All family members have their own apple ID and have previously bought and downloaded apps through it.

Appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Joey

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:46 PM

Hi Joey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see where you have set up Family Sharing but would rather family members purchases not be charged to your credit card. I would direct you to the following article, explaining how payments are handled in Family Sharing.

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

I would direct your attention to the section "Making purchases", where it says:

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card.

For your desires, your family members can purchase gift cards and redeem them to their accounts. Then this store credit will be used before being charged to the credit card. This might be a work around for what you want to do.

Regards,
Jeff D.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 12:46 PM in response to DonutJoey1988

Hi Joey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see where you have set up Family Sharing but would rather family members purchases not be charged to your credit card. I would direct you to the following article, explaining how payments are handled in Family Sharing.

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

I would direct your attention to the section "Making purchases", where it says:

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card.

For your desires, your family members can purchase gift cards and redeem them to their accounts. Then this store credit will be used before being charged to the credit card. This might be a work around for what you want to do.

Regards,
Jeff D.

Family Sharing - Apple Music - not willing to pay for purchases of other users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.