Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix my MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) start up issue?

After successfully Boot-camping on another mac, I gave it a shot on my own mac.

I got as far as selecting where Windows was to be installed when I encountered a problem.

I went to return over to my mac side when the following occurred:

• My computer started with the "Your computer restarted because of a problem message".

• After waiting a few second the Apple Logo appeared with the loading bar beginning.

• This was shortly followed by lines of code saying error.

• The computer then restarted, beginning the whole process again.

This is an image of the screen before the computer shuts down.

User uploaded file

I've tried launching a hardware test, the test yielded a "no problem" result.

I also tried launching by holding D and S.

I'd really appreciate some help over this.

Thanks,

- Hugh

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Mid-2012

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:23 PM

13 replies

Jul 1, 2015 4:24 PM in response to Loner T

I can't get onto the Mac at all, it just keeps cycling in the way I originally described.

As far as I'm aware, I didn't apply recent Firmware updates.

Yes I used an EFI Boot, although I didn't actually complete the process, as after I formatted the Bootcamp partition, as is standard procedure in Boot-camping, the Setup wouldn't let me click next.

Jul 1, 2015 4:49 PM in response to Hugh Beaumont

1. Macs prior to Late 2013 Macs do not support EFI Boot very well. You have corrupted EFI Firmware.

2. Can you try Command+Opt+R - OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support - Internet Recovery?

3. Do you have another Mac? If yes, Target Disk Mode - Share files between two computers with target disk mode - Apple Support - is another option.

4. Do you have a DVD with OS X on it? You can try Alt and try booting from the DVD. This may or may not work, if the firmware will not recognize the drive.

Reference - Startup key combinations for Mac - Apple Support

Jul 1, 2015 7:44 PM in response to Hugh Beaumont

There are many factors which can affect the speed. Your ISP, Apple CDN, etc.. This typically can take about 15-20 minutes. If you have another computer or smartphone, you can try a speed/bandwidth test which can eliminate one. If your Mac originally shipped with a OSX version which is older than what you currently have installed, that is the version you will get in Recovery.

How do I fix my MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) start up issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.