Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPad for multi-login web site

My university wants to use iPads to allow students to log into a web-based software system and submit electronic forms. Each student will have unique login information. In testing, we've had the students log out of the software after they are finished. But often, the next person who tries to login gets taken into the previous student's account. I tried turning on Private Browsing, but that hasn't prevented the problem. It doesn't seem like Guided Access will solve the problem.

How can I make sure the iPad and/or Safari clears the information from the website between users?

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:49 PM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 6:46 PM in response to Jenmarie77

In testing, we've had the students log out of the software after they are finished. But often, the next person who tries to login gets taken into the previous student's account.

That's got to be a problem--

A1A) with your server. Once you logout, the server should not let you login without being force to enter a password again. It's called a bug. Contact server software folks. Got to be an A1A security bug.

2) student fudged about logging out.

As a workaround ...

Try another browser like chrome. atomic, etc.

Try clearing cookies.

I think you have to close the private browsing screen to dump cookies.

Try restarting app.

This reminds me of those site that ask you do you want to stay logged in permanently. There is some check box for yes or no.

Perhaps the login data is being saved in forms. I have all my login info saved in some password manager. Usually, fills in login stuff then I press enter to continue.

Reboot.

More questions:

But often, the next person who tries to login gets taken into the previous student's account.

Are they on the same ipad?

Did the second student enter different login information. Then get directed to the prior account ... bug ...

Or did the student just pop into the prior account without having to login?

Using iPad for multi-login web site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.