Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display profiles confusion

Hi,

I'm using a hackintosh with a Nvidia graphic card (GTX660) and Dell U2414H monitor. Now I've become really puzzled about available display profiles and how to use them (System Preferences --> Display --> Color). The monitor is set up in the sRGB mode.

Now I'm trying to figure out a display profile that would render colors faithfully when editing in FCPX. I'm still usinjg Mavericks as I'm finishing a largeproject and don't want to fiddle with updates before it's done. This is what I noticed:

- when playing a YT or Vimeo video, changing display profiles makes no difference to that video (but if the video is not full screen, all the surroundings, icons etc. change their colors)

- when playing a video in VLC player, changing display profiles makes no difference (as above)

- when playing a video in Quick Time, changing display profiles makes a **** of a difference

- when editing in FCPX, changing display profile makes a **** of a difference

Now I've made a printout of a few shots from the project I'm working on and with monitor being set up to sRGB I'm trying to match image from the screen to the printouts. The closest display profiles seem to be "Color Match RGB", "Generic RGB profile" and HD-709-A. I've also downloaded a display profile for this particular monitor from TFT Central, but their profile looks completely odd (colors washed out, red tint).

At this point I'm not sure where to go with this, any help would be appreciated 🙂. Should I just use one of the profiles that look "ok"? Why does Vimeo, YT and VLC seem not to react to changing display profiles? If I export a video from FCPX under certain display profile is it going to be "burned" in that video and everyone will see it correctly?

Many thanks,

Kamil

Compressor

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 12:55 PM

There are no replies.

display profiles confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.