Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth pairing MacBook Pro with Soundlink speaker

I have no problem pairing IPhone 6 with Soundlink speaker via iTunes,, but don't know how to pair MacBook Pro (OSX10.9.5), without iPhone. How do I play directly from MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Soundlink speaker

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:31 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Harry278

Hello there, Harry278.

To pair a bluetooth device with your Mac, there is some great information in the following Knowledge Base article:

Wireless input devices: Bluetooth frequently asked questions - Apple Support

5. How do I add or remove a wireless device to or from my Mac (pairing or unpairing)?

Use the Bluetooth Setup Assistant to set up your device to work with your computer by “pairing” the device with your computer:

• Find the Bluetooth icon User uploaded file in the menu bar in the upper-right of your display.
  • Choose Set up Bluetooth Device from the Bluetooth status menu.

If the Bluetooth status menu isn’t visible in your menu bar, use these steps to open the Bluetooth Setup Assistant:

• Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then choose Bluetooth from the View menu.
  • Enable the "Show Bluetooth status in the menu bar" option.

Learn more about pairing your keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with your Mac.

After you pair a device with your computer, you should see the device listed in Bluetooth preferences.

User uploaded file

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Bluetooth pairing MacBook Pro with Soundlink speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.