Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When adding files to an FTP folder, is there a way to get Finder to reflect the current create and modified dates for the files?

When I use another computer to write files via FTP to my server running OS 10.10.4 and Server 4.1.3, the create and modified dates of the files are displayed with the dates of the files that were overwritten. If I close the folder and reopen it, the incorrect dates are still showing. If I open "Get Info" on the file, the dates are also displayed incorrectly. But, if I search for the file, the search window will display the correct date and if I relaunch Finder the dates of the files in the folder are updated. However, that is not particularly effective when trying to automate the process.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:36 PM

There are no replies.

When adding files to an FTP folder, is there a way to get Finder to reflect the current create and modified dates for the files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.