Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport extreme install?

Will iPad with Airport Utility App installed enable setup for Airport Extreme?

iPad Mini, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:29 PM

Yes!

Wi-Fi base stations: How to set up and configure AirPort Express for AirPlay and iTunes - Apple Support

The article title says AirPort Express, but it will work for AirPort Extreme as well.

4 replies

Jul 1, 2015 5:22 PM in response to sberman

Thanks SBerman. Not sure if my question is correct. More detail perhaps: I have a internet modem to an old PC XP that will not accept Airport Utility function/app and want to establish a wifi network for iPhone & iPad using Airport Extreme as a base station. The setup on the Extreme requires a airport utility to function and setup? Your recommended article talks about Express and hookup for speakers etc… we are in need of a base station using the iPad for controls….not sure if article directions work??? Thanks!

Jul 1, 2015 5:36 PM in response to Aged

Yes, I believe the iPad app works to set up an AirPort Extreme --- that is, if the Extreme is not too old.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airport-utility/id427276530?mt=8

One of the reviews shown implies the AirPort Utility on the iPhone / iPad was used to set up such a device.

I admit I set mine up using a Mac version of AirPort Utility, but it's always been my impression the iPhone / iPad version could do this as well.

airport extreme install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.