Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removed music from My Music...iTunes Match?

Hi,

Hoping somebody can help.

Prior to the launch of Apple Music I had iTunes Match. iTunes Match obviously used to display all of my library, stuff I listen to now and stuff not so often.

With Apple Music I decided to purge my "My Music" list of the stuff that wasn't listened to very often. Using my phone I followed prompts and removed the items from My Music. There were some items which didn't have such option, only to "Delete" and when I checked this option the confirmation prompt was "Remove from iTunes Library and all devices" (or words to that effect). Anything with this prompt I did not remove as I didn't want to "permanently" delete anything from iTunes in the cloud, I only removed things from "My Music".

The problem is now the items removed from My Music appear to have disappeared from my iTunes Match account. By this I mean on an iMac accessing my library from 12.1.2 not upgraded to support apple music. My concern now is that should at the end of the trial I decided not to continue with Apple Music, I have permanently lost the albums. At no point however did I instruct albums to be removed from my iTunes library (only My Music) and the software on iOS made no implication that I was doing so.

My question is, can I access these albums that I removed from My Music in such a way that if I unsubscribe from Apple Music they are accessible again? If I don't unsubscribe, this won't be an issue, however, if I do I don't want to permanently lose content as I didn't have anything downloaded (hence why paying for iTunes Match).

Also just to add the content I am referring to was not purchased through iTunes, it was uploaded and "matched".

Help would be much appreciated, many thanks.

iPhone 5, Other OS, iOS 7

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:14 PM

There are no replies.

Removed music from My Music...iTunes Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.