Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 removed my iTunes Match music

Yesterday I updated my iOS to 8.4 and most of my music is now missing. I previously had iTunes Match and there is no where in the new iOS to turn it on/off. I am assuming it was replaced with the new iCloud Music. I am a fitness instructor and my iTunes Match music is my career! I need it back.

I have turned off iCloud Music Library and the Show Apple Music option and restarted the phone, then turned them back on. I have tried resorting the albums by Title and By Artist. I selected to Merge my Libraries rather than replace them. Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:00 PM

The setting to turn iTunes match on and off is now within the music app. Open it, choose my music and kind of in the middle there is the option to sort by artist or album. Tap on it and a menu opens where you can choose to make your music offline available. Turn it off (= not just your offline music) and now you can see all of your content in the iTunes cloud you uploaded via iTunes match.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 2:00 PM in response to smitchell1

The setting to turn iTunes match on and off is now within the music app. Open it, choose my music and kind of in the middle there is the option to sort by artist or album. Tap on it and a menu opens where you can choose to make your music offline available. Turn it off (= not just your offline music) and now you can see all of your content in the iTunes cloud you uploaded via iTunes match.

Jul 2, 2015 9:52 PM in response to chawwl

I'm the same way when it comes to change but to answer your question, it should never of been located there in the

first place. We just became accustomed to it there in Settings but now that I think about it, I had to go back to settings

each time I wanted to play portions of albums where some songs were in the cloud. Then I would select "On Device"

versus "Show all Music". That way I would not stream or cache songs I didn't want taking up memory. I've already adapted

and see it as an improvement.

Sep 4, 2015 7:40 PM in response to smitchell1

The answer to this topic is complete, but it's easy to skip over the part that's important (step 2). It's hard to imagine that this obfuscation wasn't done on purpose.

1. Open the Music app.
  2. Tap on the Artist header with the downward arrow, in the middle of the screen underneath the list of Recently Added. A menu will appear.
  3. Toggle the Show iTunes Purchases option to turn it off. You'll be presented with an empty screen with a button labeled Show All Music.
  4. Tap Show All Music.

Your iTunes Match music should now automatically appear. One odd thing is, if you go back to this menu the Show iTunes Purchases option will be toggled back on.

The new Music app has been one of the most disappointing updates to iOS in a long time. If there ever was something indicating a post-Jobs era, this app would be it. It has been one of the most frustrating experiences since the first iPhone. Examples:

• Why can I shuffle some artists, but not all?
  • Why can't I just tap on an artist and have it start playing all of their music.
  • Why can't Up Next be a special option and not the default?
  • Why am I forced to decide if I want to add it to Up Next (after the current song, which isn't as intuitive as adding it to the end of the list) or if I want to clear Up Next.

iOS 8.4 removed my iTunes Match music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.