Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s - Battery Expanding Issue

I am a iOS/Mac OS developer, and I have always loved Apple products. I purchased an iPhone 5s from T-Mobile last year. The phone has had a pretty “safe” life. I rarely leave the house so I have never dropped or gotten the phone wet. I have never even put the phone in my pants pocket. I know a little about electronics, but I am not an expert. I believe the iPhones’ battery has expanded causing the iPhones’ screen to push outward from the main case. There is no external damage to the phone at all. The phone is not bent. The screen is in good condition(no cracks or scratches), but the screen is just pushed out, about 1/4 inch, from the main case on the left side. This also causes an issues with the phones’ “Home” button because it is sunken in underneath the raised screen. I am also sure it’s not safe to continue using the phone if the battery is bad. I can’t make calls because it’s hard for people to hear me because of the issue. I guess I wouldn't feel so bad/upset if I had just dropped the phone, and caused the damage myself. You spend $700+ dollars on a phone, you expect it to last more than a year and a half. That’s not the case though. If you can offer any suggestions, it would be a great help. If someone from Apple Support could contact me, even better! Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:26 PM

9 replies

Jul 2, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Jimi Hooker

Jimi Hooker wrote:

You are a troll, and have no life. I didn't want to open the phone to void any other possibilities....

What? Dunno how you see any of my posts as trolling. You're too funny...

You didn't exhaust any other possibilities.

You didn't take it to an Apple store or service provider, you didn't take it to T-Mobile, you didn't send in a service request to Apple. You didn't even take it to a 3rd party place...

Posting a message here is not "exhausting all other possibilities".

Also, what does, "I didn't want to open the phone to void any other possibilities...." even mean?

Void any other possibilities of what?

You certainly have voided any possibility of getting it repaired/replaced by Apple in the future (but not that's something you would have done...)

iPhone 5s - Battery Expanding Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.