Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 update/restore loop issue

I have an iPhone 5. I was trying to update to iOS 8.4 through connecting it to iTunes on my Mac Book Pro (2012) and it freaked out and said it cannot update. It then had me try to restore my iPhone. That also didn't work. I'm now stuck in an update/restore loop. iTunes doesn't recognize the phone at all. The screen just has the "connect to iTunes" screen on it. When I connect the USB, nothing happens and then after about 30 seconds the iPhone reboots, brings ups the Apple logo and then goes back to the "connect to iTunes" screen and starts the process over again.

I've looked at various forums and how to's. I've tried booting in recovery mode, in dfu mode, tried a third party software (reiboot), I tried reninstalling iTunes, and I've tried deleting certain files in the ~ /Library folder connected to iTunes. Nothing has worked.

Any ideas of how to get this iPhone working again?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 1:57 PM

3 replies

Jul 1, 2015 2:01 PM in response to eggs00

Freaked out and said it cannot update is not one of the standard update error codes. What was the exact error code you received? Without that, it is rather difficult to propose a solutions. If the device shows the "connect to iTunes" screen, then you need to follow the steps in this support document. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Iphone 5 update/restore loop issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.