Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 download stuck at Update Requested

my phone has been stuck on Update Requested since last night, whi was about 8 hours ago. I tried using iTunes and force restarted the phone, but nothing is working. iPhone 6Plus.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 5:03 AM

Same circumstance for me Bucktick1.... I am running the iOS 8.4 beta.... and it gets stuck on the Update Requested notification. Been this way for days now. Rebooting, etc... does nothing... thinking about going through the deal of restoring my phone to the factory settings...and seeing what happens.

The checksum in the version setting is still that for the iOS 8.4 beta...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2015 5:03 AM in response to bucktick1

Same circumstance for me Bucktick1.... I am running the iOS 8.4 beta.... and it gets stuck on the Update Requested notification. Been this way for days now. Rebooting, etc... does nothing... thinking about going through the deal of restoring my phone to the factory settings...and seeing what happens.

The checksum in the version setting is still that for the iOS 8.4 beta...

Jul 2, 2015 5:35 AM in response to TheMactrix

OK, found a solution on-line. Since I was a particpant in the beta program... I had iOS beta 8.4 installed. I came across a site that recommended that I delete the beta 8.4 software certificate. I did this... and voila... rebooted... connected to my Karma Hotspot... and I got the same old "requesting update" message... I did not panic, as I knew that it takes a few minutes.... (when your phone is not stuck on it) to start the download. Looked at the phone 5 minutes later, and it was downloading the update. I think I had a similar problem with 8.2 beta.... but I forgot... LOL. So, try this... looks like if you have an 8.4 beta... it is hanging on the 8.4 update.

Try this... at least this is one more thing you can try before going crazy and taking a one-way trip to your nearest Apple store !!!

Happy Independence Day !!!

iOS 8.4 download stuck at Update Requested

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.