Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri only works on WiFi after updating to 8.4

I have updated to 8.4 and I noticed that Siri only works when connected to WiFi. If I turn it off and only use my Cellular connection, it doesn't work. It's happening to my 5S and 6 plus. I tried resetting the network and Hard reset and still doesn't work. Is anyone having this same issue? I called my friend and he is also having the same issue. Ant comments is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:46 PM

10 replies

Jul 1, 2015 8:11 PM in response to Scott Karlins

Update.... Issue resolved!

The issue is caused by OTA update. Same issue that happened before regarding cellular issue that broke after the update 8.1.1 for only those people who updated using OTA

What I did to resolve it is I restored my phone to factory settings and updated it using the 2.2 GB of update that was downloaded to my computer instead of the 200MB+ you get when you update your phone using OTA. After the update, I restored my phone from my back up. I tested it everything without using wifi and everythjng that I reported on my very first post were all fixed. It's back to normal again. Lesson learned.... I will ALWAYS use my computer to update my phone instead of updating it OTA... Twice this happened rearding and iissue with cell connection using OTA, I will not do this again for the 3rd time!

Jul 1, 2015 8:35 PM in response to Rappster2

Reading my first post, I did not mention that it's not only Siri I was having problem with. Same thing happening with Apple maps, Siri dictation and other games that connects to Game Center. All of those have problems when i'm using cellular network but are ok when connected using wifi. I have read so many post regarding these issues happening today. Good thing mine is fixed now using the method I posted earlier.

Siri only works on WiFi after updating to 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.