Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iTunes from randomly playing another album once one has finished?

I'm running iTunes from my computer and using a remote app to play my music from my stereo. I prefer to play entire albums, not single tracks. I also want to choose the albums I hear. iTunes forces me to listen to whatever it wants by "shuffling" my albums and playing whatever it wants after one album has finished. It used to play albums in alpha order, without stopping playback after one album had finished, which was also anoying, but this is really too much. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:31 PM

Check that you have Controls > Shuffle turned OFF. If you don't see the Controls menu, press ALT to enable the menu bar or Ctrl-B to turn it on permanently. I use iTunes the same way as you do, and it always plays a selected album and then stops. The only other cause I can think of is that your remote app could be interfering with / overriding the configured iTunes behavior.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 3:31 PM in response to mbfr

Check that you have Controls > Shuffle turned OFF. If you don't see the Controls menu, press ALT to enable the menu bar or Ctrl-B to turn it on permanently. I use iTunes the same way as you do, and it always plays a selected album and then stops. The only other cause I can think of is that your remote app could be interfering with / overriding the configured iTunes behavior.

How do I stop iTunes from randomly playing another album once one has finished?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.