Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 will not install

trying to install 8.4 and get this error. See pic.

I Have an iPhone 6 with over 70 gb free.

i have rebooted several times. No lUser uploaded fileuck. User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:48 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2015 2:55 PM in response to JG_PC-Mac

Hi JG_PC-Mac,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone. If you are getting an error when you try to update to iOS 8.4 over the air, you may want to try updating from iTunes, as outline in this article:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you continue to get errors when updating from iTunes, you may find the information and steps outlined in this article helpful:

Resolve iOS update and restore errors in iTunes - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Jul 4, 2015 12:25 PM in response to brenden dv

I was having the same problem and getting the same error message posted above. My phone is an iPhone 4s and it has always had plenty of battery charge and ample available memory. I've attempted the update a couple of times each day since 8.4 dropped. I tried rebooting the phone, deleting the downloaded update, re-downloading, and even sacrificing an android phone on an altar dedicated to Bill Gates engraved with ancient runes referencing a blue screen of death. Nothing worked.

This morning I decided to forego the OTA update regimen, physically connected the phone to my iMac with a USB cord, and attempted the update using iTunes. It worked beautifully! I recommend the old-school wired option for anybody receiving the error message that John posted above.

Happy 4th of July and #TedCruz2016

iOS 8.4 will not install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.