Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone keeps restarting and restoring itself

My iPhone restarted itself around 3 times today and then when I went to my photos, videos and text messages and everything had been deleted. It now says that my photos are restoring themselves but every time it comes close to finishing it cancels it and starts restoring them all again . Can anyone tell me why its happening and what to do about it? Thankyouuuu:)))

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:54 PM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 11:23 PM in response to ginaburns11

Try these ways stop iPhone from restarting itself:

Way 1. Go to settings > Cellular/Mobile > Turn On/Off Mobile Data. As strange and absolutely impossible as it sounds, I’ve seen people get this issue sorted out by turning off their cellular data and then turning it on again. Arguably, this doesn’t work everywhere. But since this is the most simplest thing you can try.

Way 2. Reboot iPhone: Hold the power button and home button simultaneously for a few seconds. The Apple logo will appear on the screen and your iPhone is rebooted.

Way 3. Reset iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

Way 4. Restore From An Old Backup: No luck yet? Connect your iPhone to iTunes on the system and then restore from an old backup. In case you got lucky, things will be back to normal.

Iphone keeps restarting and restoring itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.