Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To completely stop "SoftwareUpdated" Task ?!

The "software updated" task uses 90% percent of my CPU When I Open AppStore !!!!!
There was some Question about it but not particular answer to that question in discussion

the first time that it happened to me was last night when i was try to get not OS10.10.4and when i clicked update bottom it happened :/

when I open Mac AppStore it will start working and there's no stoping way unless you force quit it

after force quit app store has no response

Also i have unchecked all the marks on system preferences > Appstore ! :/

Please Help Me this is so annoying!!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Macbook Pro MF840/lla 2015

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Amir Delirious

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

How To completely stop "SoftwareUpdated" Task ?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.