Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10.1 does not install

Garageband 10.1 came out on the 30th of June.

My Mac mid-2070 with I7 processor and 8GB of RAM will not install the program. The app store keeps searching for programs to update even though it shows, that I can update Garageband.

Solutions, please.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:46 PM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2015 11:50 PM in response to Rasmus67

Garageband 10.1 came out on the 30th of June.

My Mac mid-2070 with I7 processor and 8GB of RAM will not install the program. The app store keeps searching for programs to update even though it shows, that I can update Garageband.

The Mac App Store cannot find updates for GarageBand '11 to upgrade to GarageBand 10.0, because GarageBand 10.0 is a major new release and not an update. You first have to purchase GarageBand 10.0 from the Mac App Store to install the new release, even if it is free for you, and then you will be able to install updates for GarageBand 10.0. The update page will only show new versions for you, when the second part of the version number changes, not when the first part of the version number changes like from GarageBand '11, version 6.0.5 to version GarageBand 10.1.0. But the recent update from GarageBand 10.0.3. to GarageBand 10.1.0. should have been visible on the updates tab of the Mac App Store.

Garageband 10.1 does not install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.