Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Friends does not work on Cellular data and IOS 8.4

Just updated to iOS 8.4 from 8.3 on my iPhone 6.

Opened Find My Friends and it worked fine under WiFi. Got out of WiFi range and it would not locate anyone using cellular data. Moved into WiFi range and it located everyone.

Anyone know what's up and if there is a fix?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:30 PM

Are you on AT&T? I think this issue may be related to issues with all other Apple Services over AT&T cellular many others are experiencing. It seems limited to AT&T and doesn't matter whether iOS device is running 8.3 or 8.4. Multiple co-workers with iPhones on various versions of iOS and only AT&T users are having issues with Apple Services (Maps, Siri, App Installers and updates etc). I contacted AT&T and they indicated that they are aware of the issues and that the "appropriate parties" are working on the issue. Whatever that means. I wonder if the Leap Second issue last night caused network timing issues?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 4:30 PM in response to mmesgleski

Are you on AT&T? I think this issue may be related to issues with all other Apple Services over AT&T cellular many others are experiencing. It seems limited to AT&T and doesn't matter whether iOS device is running 8.3 or 8.4. Multiple co-workers with iPhones on various versions of iOS and only AT&T users are having issues with Apple Services (Maps, Siri, App Installers and updates etc). I contacted AT&T and they indicated that they are aware of the issues and that the "appropriate parties" are working on the issue. Whatever that means. I wonder if the Leap Second issue last night caused network timing issues?

Find My Friends does not work on Cellular data and IOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.