Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I install WEBROOT SECURITY on MacBook Air and iPad that I bought from best Buy?

Should I install Webroot security that I got with my new iPad from Best Buy. Should I install on iPad and MacBook Air 10.8.5. and iPad.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:18 PM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2015 3:44 PM in response to lllaass

It is Webroot Secure Anywhere Internet Security. It blocks and removes viruses and malware, warns against fake or potential harmful websites, etc. Apparently it is a subscription software product that I have for a year when I purchased the iPad.. The package says it is for Mac Lion. I was told originally from the Apple store where I bought the MacAir that I did not need to run any additional antivirus on the mac.

Jul 1, 2015 7:11 PM in response to grovmd

I was told originally from the Apple store where I bought the MacAir that I did not need to run any additional antivirus on the mac.

You were told correctly. These aftermarket so-called "Virus Protection" packages make a BIG SHOW of scanning files all over the place for supposed "Threats" to your Mac. They may give you a feeling of protection. They do nothing worthwhile. Everything needed to protect your Mac is in one of these two categories:

1. It shipped in the box with EVERY Mac, not just the ones from Best Buy.

2. Your constant vigilance and skepticism are required. Almost every threat today requires your complicity. Be suspicious, they ARE out to get (not YOU, your credit card and bank account numbers).

Should I install WEBROOT SECURITY on MacBook Air and iPad that I bought from best Buy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.