Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari problem downloading files from my Yahoo email account Mac desktop.

Safari suddenly fails at every attempt to download an email attachment as JPG, PDF, EPS, etc. I have cleared all cookies and caches. I have quit Safari, restarted, etc. Also cannot forward email messages with any attachments, only blank message. Please help! As a designer, all my work is at a stand still until I can resolve this issue. Much gratitude in advance for any help. Very desperate.

imac G3, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:22 PM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 6:53 AM in response to ghofrani

You can edit your profile by clicking on your avatar at the top left of the page by logout. Then double click on it.

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Jul 2, 2015 7:28 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks so much for your support. I have to leave the country in a couple of hours and won't be able to try this until I return in a couple of weeks. I think my problem may very well be that I can no longer use Yahoo in conjunction with Safari given the nature of my use with my browser. Out of desperation and in an attempt to finish the many projects on my desk before leaving today, I used an online support tech who connected remotely to my mac and got me able to upload and download and send email messages. I'm using Chrome now but with Yahoo and can only function in basic mode. I'm going to try and set up a Google account in lieu of Yahoo when I return and continue to use Chrome instead of Safari. Since I had to pay for this service, I'm going to go ahead and try what the tech has suggested and it seems to be working "OK" for now. Much appreciation for your expertise!!

Jul 2, 2015 7:30 AM in response to Eric Root

By the way Eric, I have already tried all that you suggested with the exception of...

When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari problem downloading files from my Yahoo email account Mac desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.