Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod beeps instead of playing music

Hello everyone! I have come across an issue with my iPod nano (6th generation) and hope that I will get some useful tips from you.

When I try to play music on my iPod, all I hear is a non-stop beeping sound. When I lower the volume, it beeps less and less and then gradually turns into a humming sound but there is still no music coming out. All I can hear is the beat of the song somewhere (deep deep deep) in the background of this humming/beeping sound.

I noticed this this morning and I believe this is due to a problem I had yesterday. I used my iPod to play music over a music mixer. The adapter apparently short circuited or something. When this happened, my iPod was plugged in and it immediately turned off. I could only turn it back on my force starting it (holding the on/off switch and volume down switch simultaneously). It's not completely broken though. Here's why:

- the screen works perfectly

- none of my music has been deleted

- it reacts normally to the volume controls, switches songs normally, normally turns on/off

- it connects normally to iTunes and can even sync new songs/playlists

So the only issue is the actual music production. I'm guessing that it short circuited along with the adapter but I'm not completely sure. And if it did, I don't know what to do next. Should I send it to get repaired? Is it even fixable or should I plan on buying a new iPod?

Thank you all so much for your help!

P.S. my iPod and iTunes are up to date so there shouldn't be any issues there and I only use one computer to transfer the music. The issue is, I believe, completely mechanical in nature.

iPod nano, Windows 7, Software version 1.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:39 PM

There are no replies.

My iPod beeps instead of playing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.