Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new 64GB 5th gen ipod touch and only get about a 6 hr battery life just playing music..Is this normal??

I bought a new 64GB 5th Generation iPod Touch about 2 months ago. I've loaded about 20GB on it and only check emailand play music. After about 6 hours after a full charge I get a message that the battery is low and needs to be charged. IS THIS NORMAL???

iPod touch, Windows 8, 64GB 5th Generation

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:53 PM

iPod touch (5th generation) - Technical Specifications

The specs say up to 40 hours when fully charged. Now my personal experience is, now that I play a game regularly, I'm charging my iPod pretty much every night

You may want to poke around and see what else is running. For example notifications. A lot of stuff defaults to on that you may not need. (such as stocks and weather). Look to background app refresh and background app update. They can be running and run your battery down while you don't even realize they're running.

If turning stuff off doesn't help then, given that your device is a couple of months old, I'd make an appointment at an apple store and have them check it out.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 6:53 PM in response to kjarheadz55

iPod touch (5th generation) - Technical Specifications

The specs say up to 40 hours when fully charged. Now my personal experience is, now that I play a game regularly, I'm charging my iPod pretty much every night

You may want to poke around and see what else is running. For example notifications. A lot of stuff defaults to on that you may not need. (such as stocks and weather). Look to background app refresh and background app update. They can be running and run your battery down while you don't even realize they're running.

If turning stuff off doesn't help then, given that your device is a couple of months old, I'd make an appointment at an apple store and have them check it out.

I have a new 64GB 5th gen ipod touch and only get about a 6 hr battery life just playing music..Is this normal??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.