Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to print the contents of the clipboard?

I just learned that I cannot set a print range in numbers like I did in Appleworks. Someone said to copy to the clipboard and select File>new from clipboard. I can find no such menu item under file. Help?

IMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 3:51 PM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2015 11:01 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the help Wayne and Foxfifth! It took me several hours to figure it out because when your press preview it loads all eighty pages of the spreadsheet and I was afraid it would start printing so I cancelled it. Finally waited for it to load fully and then "new from clipboard" appeared in the file menu. Another problem I had was I pressed command A instead of command S to save my work. This was a total disaster the first time I did it. The entire spreadsheet was erased. This was in Appleworks 6. In numbers it resulted in a spinning wheel and total lockup. After trying everything I could think of I finally turned off the power and waited about twenty minutes. Thank goodness it came back intact! Too bad that something as easy as pressing A instead of S could cause so much misery since A and S are right next to each other on the keyboard. An easy mistake to make. Any other ideas on how to recover from it more easily? Thank again!!

Shamsha

Is there any way to print the contents of the clipboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.