Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-sequence Items within iPhone contact

For a contact I have 6 phone numbers, 5 email addresses, 7 GPS locations. I want to change the order in which they display within the contact. E.g., by chance, I entered her fax number first so it's always first, and I often mistakenly dial that instead of, for instance, the direct office line which I really want. Aargh!

I am aware I can reenter, using copy and paste, but it is prone to error, and it would be much easier if I could "edit" then drag, similar to the way, for instance, i can re-sequence my 9 mailboxes, or settings>notifications. Note I would like that for all items within the contact. E.g. for one contact I might want email first, but for another; one of the phone numbers, and yet for another contact I might want the URL first.

Also, a bit off topic, it's a pain to search for "job title" and "department" by having to select "add field." I would like to select my own fields as default for all new contacts, including those added via "add contact," for instance from "messages."

Apple please implement that in iOS iOS9! Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:39 PM

There are no replies.

Re-sequence Items within iPhone contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.