Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't make or receive calls although I have service. Texting works fine. Suggestions?

I have IPhone 5s, version 8.3.

I suddenly cannot make or receive calls, although I have connectivity. Texts come through fine as do email and web browser.

I have called my carrier who finds nothing wrong from his end. He sees my SIM card as able to send and receive, and suggests I try Apple.

I bought this phone a year and a half ago used online, but have had absolutely no problems with it. There is no warranty, so Apple support is asking $29 to run a check.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:41 PM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2015 8:32 PM in response to LunafromAshland

I Have a similar but not exactly the same problem. I posted in the AT&T forum but I want to ask here as well. I have an iPhone 5s, and live in an AT&T coverage area that shows that we should have full service and 4G LTE data. I am sitting in my house and my phone shows 3-4 bars of signal, and that I do have 4G (not LTE even though I do have it enabled). However I cannot make or receive a call and I can't text anyone who isn't using iMessage. It makes no sense to me that I have signal...but nothing is working. I just tried to call myself from my house phone; my house phone rang and rang and took me to my voicemail, but my iPhone never rang. Has anyone else experienced this problem? AT&T troubleshooting was NO help and I used that map the spot app to report it--but I can't even get the text message telling me my submission was received! I've also noticed in recent days that while I am sitting at home--in one spot--my phone will randomly say "No Signal" in the corner (usually for 30 seconds to a minute) and then switch back to saying AT&T 4G with 3-4 bars again. Also, this isn't just my phone. This is also happening with my mom and sister's iPhone 5s, and my dad's iPhone 4. Seems only to be happening here at home--my data was working fine earlier when I was browsing the web at work. I'm so confused.

I can't make or receive calls although I have service. Texting works fine. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.