Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Apple music songs cannot be copied to an ipod"??

Just signed up for the Apple music free trial. Here is my scenario:

I have downloaded some music to my i-cloud and added them to a playlist. These songs are showing up and playing fine offline, and my i-cloud is setup properly with my i-tunes. I now want to transfer these songs to my i-pod, which is a 4-5 year old shuffle. None of these songs are transferring at all. I have tried adding them each individually to my i-pod, trying to "apply" the playlist again. The error message "Apply music songs cannot be copied to I-pod" pops up when trying to add songs individually.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2017 10:55 AM

After recording some songs on my ZOOM H1, I downloaded them into iTunes. They all played perfect on my computer. When I tried to install these songs onto my iPod, I kept getting the error message "songs cannot be copied because they cannot be played on this iPod". A couple weeks earlier I was able to copy some songs to my iPod that I recorded on my ZOOM. After a lot of searching, I found that this iPod touch can only copy music that was recorded in a certain SAMPLING RATE. If you are recording music and your device allows you to choose the SAMPLING RATE, use 44/16. I had set mine (the second time) to 96/24 and the iPod WOULD NOT accept this rate.

When in iTunes, just to the right of the song title (if your list is set up by song title) there is a circle with 3 dots in it. Click the circle and pick the option....."get info". Now click on....."file". This will tell you what SAMPLING RATE the song was recorded at.

GOOD NEWS!!!! If you use AUDACITY to record music, you can input the songs and change the SAMPLING RATE very easily. I now have all the songs from the concert on my iPod.

I am still trying to figure out what SAMPLING RATES my iPod touch will and will not accept.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2017 10:55 AM in response to JRMCCAUGHEY

After recording some songs on my ZOOM H1, I downloaded them into iTunes. They all played perfect on my computer. When I tried to install these songs onto my iPod, I kept getting the error message "songs cannot be copied because they cannot be played on this iPod". A couple weeks earlier I was able to copy some songs to my iPod that I recorded on my ZOOM. After a lot of searching, I found that this iPod touch can only copy music that was recorded in a certain SAMPLING RATE. If you are recording music and your device allows you to choose the SAMPLING RATE, use 44/16. I had set mine (the second time) to 96/24 and the iPod WOULD NOT accept this rate.

When in iTunes, just to the right of the song title (if your list is set up by song title) there is a circle with 3 dots in it. Click the circle and pick the option....."get info". Now click on....."file". This will tell you what SAMPLING RATE the song was recorded at.

GOOD NEWS!!!! If you use AUDACITY to record music, you can input the songs and change the SAMPLING RATE very easily. I now have all the songs from the concert on my iPod.

I am still trying to figure out what SAMPLING RATES my iPod touch will and will not accept.

Jul 14, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Niel

So i realized this was probably the issue and I updated my iPod touch 5th gen to ios 8.4 and my itunes to the latest but its still giving me the same error. I have tried restarting and resetting everything but its still throwing the same error that "Apple music songs cannot be copied to the iPod". Any clue what's going on?

"Apple music songs cannot be copied to an ipod"??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.