Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app repeat on ios 8.4

The ios 8.4 update has changed the music app to include the “up next” feature. Unlike the music app from 8.3, I am unable to skip to the next song in a playlist when I’m on song repeat mode. Is there a way to allow me to skip to the next song without deactivating song repeat?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:58 AM

Above the My Music, for you, etc icons at the bottom, there appears the song title. From there you can can pause or play or see the "...". Click on the actual text of the song title. That will bring up the main Now Playing screen. At the bottom of that screen you will see the Repeat and Shuffle options, etc.

Hope this helps.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 9:58 AM in response to yangxia0long

Above the My Music, for you, etc icons at the bottom, there appears the song title. From there you can can pause or play or see the "...". Click on the actual text of the song title. That will bring up the main Now Playing screen. At the bottom of that screen you will see the Repeat and Shuffle options, etc.

Hope this helps.

Sep 7, 2015 12:11 AM in response to Arestine93

No matter what song or playlist I choose it only plays the same song over and over. SO I go to the little 3 lines, delete 'up next' and create a new 'up next' BUT I have to do this every time I listen to music.

Apple PLEASE fix this or tell us how to change it, it defaults back every time I turn my music off, and have to recreate a song list to listen to every time. Which in theory I have done with my play lists :-(

Sep 7, 2015 10:36 AM in response to yangxia0long

Just to add in, I have seen posts about this issue numerous times. And other users are kind enough to give solutions, however none of these solutions work. Please be aware that those who have this issue, we know what a "repeat one" means.

Ever since I could remember the Music App on the iOS always only looped the current song when the song ends on its own and replays. HOWEVER, hitting the forward button just replays the current song over and over again. If we turn off repeat, the current song doesnt loop and yes it will go to the next track. But that's not what we are talking about!

Also, changing the Up Next doesn't do anything. It keeps adding the same song over and over again.

Sep 7, 2015 10:39 AM in response to JudieR

I hope it's ok to post these photos to show where it is. I just accidentally found it even after reading this. I had no clue the screen slid up like that!

Well, the posting is being difficult and will not let me post another photo at this time so where it says the song title below - that part slides up all the way to the top and you'll find the buttons in there. I never would have found that.

User uploaded file

Sep 9, 2015 8:56 AM in response to Arestine93

Discovered way out of problem:

above the 'my music' 'for you' etc is a white bar with the song that is playing. Only a play or pause button are offered in this area, but this white bar SLIDES up revealing everything else. Just touch and drag up. then you can control your music playing as normal.

Completely un-intuitive. Not sure why Apple would think people would like this.

Sep 9, 2015 10:18 AM in response to Victoria200

But the problem with that white screen is that you have to do it EVERY time you log into itunes; It does not save any default settings. So right now I have one song I clicked on and it just shows it up next repeatedly. I have to clean it, THEN add what I want to listen to next. I just want to listen to my song lists and you can no longer do that without 4 or 5 extra steps.

Apple PLEASE FIX THIS or tell us how to change it permanently.

Dec 21, 2015 11:47 PM in response to yangxia0long

iOS 9.2 is here and I STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM on a BRAND NEW iPhone 6s....I wish the people at Apple would get their heads out of their A-holes and instead of "inventing" the GIF with the ability to take "moving pictures" fix their broken products...Every single time I try to play ANY music in my music app, regardless of whether its a playlist or an album or an Artist, it adds one song to the Up Next list repeatedly so there is no way to listen to more than one song at a time, This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen....How can this company release some broken garbage like this music app and then claim no responsibility for the problems, Every time I try to get help from CrApple to fix it all they ever want to do is factory reset my phone....if it didn't work the first 5 times and has been doing this since I got it from the factory ITS PROBABLY NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME IDIOTS! All I want to do is listen to music on my way to and from work without having to stop every 5 minutes, get off my motorcycle, and manually switch to a new **** song.

Dec 23, 2015 11:33 AM in response to Joshua Miles

If this randomly starts happening on anyone elses device, then someone gave me a fix. Turn the repeat function completely off, not even repeat all can be on, then play one of your playlists, then switch the repeat all function back on and it should work properly again, I am not sure if you have to factory reset the phone or not since I had already done that a dozen times for Apple support when I called/chatted with them about this stupid problem.

Music app repeat on ios 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.