Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JUST BOUGHT A MACBOOK AIR 3 MONTHS AGO

i just bought my self a macbook air 3 months ago and wanted to get the most out of my mac but apple told me that my warranty ends in a year from now so if i get apple care 3 years doesn't seem enough time before my macbook air gets discontinued, and for problems to start happening i hope i didn't waste my money i am used to getting 4-5 year warranty with my dell laptop but this is my first macbook air so if someone can answer this for me that would be great, i am worried that i just wasted money on this😟

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 4:17 PM

5 replies

Aug 19, 2015 10:08 AM in response to sberman

okay so i will get the apple care just wanted to make sure i didn't waste 1300 dollars on a computer that will go out of date quick

Jul 2, 2015 9:11 AM in response to Community User

Apple tends to support its computers for 5-6 years in terms of hardware support and somewhat longer for software support. For example, Yosemite will run on a mid 2007 iMac so it was 7 years old when Yosemite was first released. I don't think you need to worry about your 2015 MBA being outdated in 3-5 years.

JUST BOUGHT A MACBOOK AIR 3 MONTHS AGO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.