Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get Snapchat back

I recently deleted the app Snapchat, but after trying to sync my apps to iTunes, and retrying to download it from my iPod 4th Generations with iOS 6.1.6, it still doesn't seem to work. I know that I don't have iOS 7, but i was able to download it before when it required iOS 7. Help?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:48 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 8:51 AM in response to annas3270

If this does not work, which sound like the case

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

then your only hope is if you have a compatible version on your computer/in a cmputer file backup

can't get Snapchat back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.