Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain Keys Not Functioning & Apple Won't Accommodate

I just purchased my 2015 Macbook a few days ago; already my down arrow key stopped functioning (literally, yesterday it was working; this morning it only worked if I pressed a bit harder; now nothing).

I'm just curious whether others have had comparable problems and what luck they had replacing their computers. I'm in NYC and these things are nearly impossible to come by. I was basically told to just send it in for repair unless I wanted to order a new one and wait 4-6 weeks to get it (and I'm using this for business). Even as a business user, they were unwilling to hold one from the next shipment to replace the model I already bought--which is totally lame--and unwilling to ship me one in stock at a distribution center.

As you can imagine, I'm really mad about this. Not only is my ~$2K computer not working properly after 3 days, but Apple has been pretty unaccommodating in trying to properly replace it. And God knows what else might fail on this thing--to be honest, I noticed a small scrape near the USB-C port when I unwrapped the computer; I elected to not do anything initially because it was such a huge pain in the arse to get it in the first place.

Argh. Really disappointed by this.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 5:27 PM

There are no replies.

Certain Keys Not Functioning & Apple Won't Accommodate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.