Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating MacBook?

I have a 2013 15" MacBook Pro, high end running the NVIDIA 750m and 16 GB of RAM. I have a question or questions regarding overheating in the MacBook. The MacBook Pro, especially when running Windows Boot Camp (Windows 7), will get really hot in the front and keyboard area. I mainly use the machine for regular school work and video editing. I also play a few graphic intense games (NBA 2K, GTA, League?) on the MacBook quite often. I was wondering if the often heating of the MacBook running Boot Camp would damage or negatively affect the hardware of the machine. Knowing Windows Boot Camp doesn't the adequate drivers for the hardware as much as OS X running the system, I also wonder if running Windows disrupts the MacBook's setting of automatically shutting down when the machine gets too hot as I've heard as it does when running OS X. These problems prevent me from running Windows to play the OS's designed games. Yes, I have a gaming desktop but I like to game on the go and at the same time have a MacBook. Any suggestions/input/ideas/knowledge?

Thanks Apple Community,

-yungboi

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Anything and Everything Mac.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:12 PM

There are no replies.

Overheating MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.