Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match after upgrading to iTunes 12.2.0 for Mac

Its hard to tell what is going on with iTunes Match after upgrading to iTunes 12.2.0 for Mac in general here. Its much harder to find where its listed within iTunes - it seems that it might also be called iTunes Music Library (?!) as I see File > Library > Updates iTunes Music Library. Im not sure if that is syncing files for Match or just making sure I have all of my purchased music downloaded to iTunes here.

Also, when I go to iTunes Store > iTunes Match its asking me if I want to 'Add This Computer' when its been the main Mac on this service since the beginning. When I click to add it, nothing really seems to happen and that page remains the same. So its safe to say that I cant really tell if iTunes Match is really working or not at this time. I get the feeling that new songs im adding here on my Mac arent syncing to Match. Anyone else having this issue or know how to confirm if its still working? (Maybe add a new song on the Mac and try to find it on your iPhone?)

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 7:35 PM

Try this: Sign out of iTunes, quit the app, relaunch, and sign back in. Next, in your iTunes Library, switch to Songs view; select View > View Options > Show Columns. Tick the iCloud Status column; if your music is in the cloud, you should see Matched or Uploaded.User uploaded file

PS: And yes, when I select iTunes Match from the iTunes Store (from the sidebar), I too get that screen where you click Add This Computer, and after clicking, nothing happens. However, doing the above, I can see my files in the cloud.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 7:35 PM in response to Erik Cronin

Try this: Sign out of iTunes, quit the app, relaunch, and sign back in. Next, in your iTunes Library, switch to Songs view; select View > View Options > Show Columns. Tick the iCloud Status column; if your music is in the cloud, you should see Matched or Uploaded.User uploaded file

PS: And yes, when I select iTunes Match from the iTunes Store (from the sidebar), I too get that screen where you click Add This Computer, and after clicking, nothing happens. However, doing the above, I can see my files in the cloud.

Jul 1, 2015 7:43 PM in response to mkpub

Thanks. I think this worked. Signing back in to iTunes seemed a little glitchy - I had to confirm some info but then the iTunes Store page displayed as code instead of the usual layout and graphics. After that I had to enable the iCloud Status column and can see that it has Matched and Uploaded tracks there. Before this, there seemed to be no obvious view for Match which is odd as this is a paid service - perhaps they want people to focus more on Apple Music as opposed to Match now. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Jul 1, 2015 7:47 PM in response to Erik Cronin

Totally agree; these particular changes are not necessarily transparent and user friendly (although I do like some of the other improvements, both to the iOS app and iTunes 12.2.

When adding new albums or songs to iTunes, I notice a little cloud icon and you will see in the status column the word "Waiting" — you can either wait or select and right-click the items and choose Add to iCloud. Selecting Update Genius also seems to populate to iTunes Match. Somehow things slowly start working again, but yes, there could be improvement on the UI end.

iTunes Match after upgrading to iTunes 12.2.0 for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.