Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing setup - stuck in Sharing location option

Hello everyone,

My dad just invited me to his family account on Family Sharing, and I decided to test it.

When trying to link my account to it, when prompted if I wanted to share my location with the group, I could choose between share or not now.

I have tried both and when I select either one it asks for my pw and after inputing it (Correctly) it doesn't move forward it goes back to the same question as if I haven't even done anything.

Can someone help me out?

Kind Regards,

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:57 PM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2015 6:56 PM in response to HeitorF

Same problem here trying to get my wife set up on my family account. It's in some kind of loop asking for the password just like you're seeing. When we enter a wrong password it tells us the password was invalid. But when entering the correct password it just keeps popping up asking us to do it again. This is on her Macbook Air running 10.10.4.

I plan to try it on another computer when I have the chance.

Jul 9, 2015 7:09 AM in response to HeitorF

I found a workaround that fixes it for me. Her AppleID and iCloud accounts are not the same, and I think that's part of the problem. So to work around it I did the following:

1. went ahead and accepted the invite, but used the iCLOUD account as the account to "share". This got me out of the password loop.

2. Went right back into the family sharing control panel and changed the sharing account to the iTunes account.

It works now. And she can still have the separate iCloud and AppleID accounts. If you have two different accounts for iCloud and iTunes, try this and see if it helps.

family sharing setup - stuck in Sharing location option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.