Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro froze while installing iTunes update

My MacBook Pro froze on restart when installing the latest iTunes update. I forced shut down then tried to start again after 5 mins. The start up screen appears, I enter my password & then the progress bar starts, but before reaching half way the laptop powers off & shuts down. I've repeated starting up attached to mains, but makes no difference. I did attempt to restart in safe mode but not sure if I was quick enough to press the shift key because it didn't restart. Any advice would be welcome. It was working fine before installing the iTunes update. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 2:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you so much. I followed your 1st link on startup issues.

For any novices like me, the solution was to start up in recovery mode (command + R), and used the disk utility to verify the start up volume. All was O.K.. So I then rebooted the OS X from disk utility. After this my macbook pro started up perfectly. The new iTunes software version 12.2 hadn't installed correctly, so I reinstalled, and it now all works perfectly.

MacBook Pro froze while installing iTunes update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.